KANYE WEST LEAVES A QUESTION OF WHETHER HE WILL RAP OR CONCENTRATE ON FASHION.....

KANYE WEST
While Kim Kardashian’s nude photoshoot with Paper magazine nearly broke the Internet last November, her husband’s new cover has failed to make the same waves.

Although the photo is beautiful in its own right, it’s what Kanye West’s saying that’s earning more attention.

Inside the “American Dream” issue, the 37-year-old father of one makes it very clear that music is becoming increasingly more difficult to do these days. In fact, he doesn’t even think of himself as a musician.

“I loved music,” the rapper told Paper. “I loved it more than I love it now. But I think that can happen with anything. You can live in New York for 10 years and say, ‘I now want to move to San Francisco.’ It’s just harder for me to do music now, period. It’s easier for people who focus on it all day and who are younger in their concept of what they want to do with it. I am not what I would consider truly a musician. I am an inventor. I am an innovator.”

As seen by his show at New York Fashion Week in February, West is placing most of his attention on fashion.

“Right now, over 70 percent of my focus is on apparel,” he told Paper. “I haven’t even give my ‘College Dropout’ of clothing yet. We’re still on mix tapes.”

Although he’s keenly aware of the negative attitudes and criticism pointed at his foray into the fashion industry, he won’t give up pursuing his dream.

“Fashion is something that’s in my heart to do — in my spirit,” detailed West, who once worked at Gap as a teenager. “There’s no world that can stop me from what I love. Not the rap world, not the fashion world, not the real world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...