CARMELO ANTHONY SAYS TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO WIN A TITLE

CARMELO ANTHONY
Carmelo Anthony, while talking to kids at his Queens College camp, made an ominous remark about his bid to win a title as a Knick and break the 41-year drought.
“My window is closing,’’ Anthony told the campers. “I’m trying to bring a championship to New York ASAP.’’

Later on, Anthony specified he was not referring to his window closing as a Knick. He has an opt-out clause after this season but said he honestly hasn’t given it a minute’s thought on what he will do.

“As far as ruling anything out, I haven’t thought about anything beyond today,’’ Anthony said. “ My mind is not thinking about next offseason right now. I’m trying to do what I do this offseason, get right, work out, train and prepare myself for this season. When that time comes, I’ll deal with that. It’s not something I ‘m thinking about right now.’’
In fact, Melo seemed to indicate how happy he is at the Garden, telling campers, "New York is the greatest city to play in the world."

Melo also added he felt the addition of Andrea Bargnani was a beast of a trade.

“Absolutely, I thought it was a steal,’’ Melo said. “I hate to lose Novak and Camby but when you get something like that in return it’s a win-win situation. Hopefully Bargnani will come in here and prove something and be ready to rock.’’

* As part of the Garden of Dreams Foundation and Make-A-Wish Foundation, 11-year-old Nicholas Perez was invited to the Melo camp to pose for pictures with Anthony yesterday and to have lunch with him today at the camp. Perez is battling cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...