T.I. ON THE VERGE OF INKING NEW MEGA DEAL WITH SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT


Ti and Tiny at The Gangster Squad premiere
According to an insider at Sony Records, rapper Tip “T.I.” Harris is on the verge of signing a new record deal with Sony. T.I., an artist on Atlantic Records since his 2001 debut LP, I’m Serious, left Atlantic’s lowball offer on the table and is considering offers from other major labels.
According to the source, T.I. and Grand Hustle CEO Jason Geter met with the head honchos of Sony Records yesterday to discuss a “big deal” for T.I.
The big names in the room included Doug Morris, Chairman & CEO of Sony Music Entertainment; Shawn “Tubby” Holiday, A&R Sony Music; Mark Pitts, President of Urban Music at RCA/Sony and founder of Bystorm Entertainment; and Peter Edge, CEO of Sony’s RCA Music Group. The discussions also included a distribution deal for Grand Hustle Records.
If the deal goes through, T.I. will join rapper Rick Ross, who recently inked a deal with Sony to bring his Maybach Music Group to the label.
In an interview with Power 105.1 last year, the Grammy-winning rapper said he wanted to end his career at Atlantic Records. “Aye man I”ma say this, I’m happy where I’m at if they happy to have me,” Tip said. “I’d like to finish my career there if that’s possible, but that’s not up to me, it’s up to them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...