YOUNG MAN POSTS SUICIDE NOTE ON FACEBOOK BEFORE PARKING HIS CAR ON RAILROAD CROSSING AND GETTING HIT BY TRAIN



 Antjuan Colvin Facebook profile photo.
A California man parked his car on an Amtrak railroad crossing before a northbound train struck him at 75 mph at 9:48 Christmas night. He was declared dead at the scene.

About 45 minutes earlier, Antjuan Miguel Colvin, 21, of Waterford was typing the final letters of a suicide note he posted on Facebook:

"To all my friends and family on Facebook. Thank you all you have all made an impact on my life some of you good some of you not but you all are loved I hope you all have wonderful lives. I know its not my time to go but I cannot take living any longer. So as of tonight I will end my life. Again thank you for being apart of my life. Merry Christmas.......Goodbye."

The post alarmed family and friends, who inundated his cell phone with calls. Then they started calling each other to see if anyone knew of his whereabouts or if the post was a tasteless joke, reported California newspaper The Modesto Bee.

Antjuan Colvin wrote on Facebook: "To all my friends and family on Facebook. Thank you all you have all made an impact on my life some of you good some of you not but you all are loved I hope you all have wonderful lives."

 "I didn't know what to think when I saw it," said Colvin’s childhood friend Olivia Johnson, 22.

"I called his phone like 100 times,” she continued. “I called his sister, messaged his girlfriend, called them to (find out) if they knew what was going on. I don't understand why he would do this."

 When news of the crash broke, it confirmed that the post was sincere. The conductor was the only witness.

"It's horrible for the conductor and horrible for the family, who will always have to remember Christmas Day as a day they lost a family member," Bejaran said. "I can't imagine that,” said Sgt. Anthony Bejaran of the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...