Evelyn Lozada Says She Wish She Handled Things Better & Misses Jennifer In VIBE Interview

Everyone’s favorite-not-so-favorite ‘Basketball Wives’ star Evelyn Lozada has unintentionally branded herself as a trash-talking, table jumping reality star who will threaten a Bronx beatdown at any given moment, but she also has a soft, apologetic side once you get around the rough edges. She recently sat down with Vibe Magazine for a candid interview on ‘Basketball Wives Season 4′ and discussed everything from her failed relationship with Jennifer Williams and why she misses her, to her newfound friendship with Rihanna (with whom she met on Twitter) and her fiance Chad Ochocinco.
She also revealed plans to keep her last name due to the brand that she’s beginning to build.
Peep a few excerpts:
On whether she felt she could have handled her beef with Jennifer a lot differently
I think so. A lot was happening during that time. I’m one of those people, I said some things and I was just like, that was not cool. I live by loyalty and I feel like, at that point, I broke the friend code. I should have never broken that code and I should have never stooped down to that level. Like, if she wants to do interviews and slick comments, it is what it is. I don’t hate her. People just get caught up in this industry; you do interviews and say certain things. I truly don’t wish her anything negative, we’ve gone through a lot together as friends from moving out, men drama, all types of stuff. It’s just tough having to relive it then talk about it. You never have that time for healing. But now that the show is done and things are calming down, I’m not angry anymore about it and I don’t hate her at all. I don’t really hate anybody, I was just upset how things were handled.
On whether she misses Jennifer Williams
I miss her. We were friends for 10 years. I was in her wedding, so you know yeah, and your thinking you guys are going to do this show together, your BFF, and then your kind of like what happened? And we are mutual friends with a lot of people, so everything else became weird energy. It was tough.
On how she developed thick skin
I’ve accepted that this is a part of my life and apart of my world now. The more the show became popular, and I started dating Chad, its been like chaos. I’m never going to hide and I’m always one of those people that say TV can be a gift and a curse, and at the same time it’s opened up doors for me that I never would have imagined.
On what she’s learned from being on ‘Basketball Wives’
Just to probably listen. Everyone always says it on the show, ‘Evelyn goes from 0-10.’ And that’s how I’ve always been since I was 13. Where I grew up, most people wouldn’t say, Okay, let’s have a conversation. That’s not the way things were dealt with where I grew up. You running your mouth? You talking sh-t? Things happen. There’s consequences for that. I’ve learned it’s not all about screaming and yelling and, ‘Oh, you’re a fucking b-tch.’ Most of the time I don’t get my point across.[...]  I was born and raised in the Bronx and went to public school in Manhattan. New York is a hustle and bustle type of place, you’re in cab getting cursed out and everyone is so high-strung. You’re always on defense mode. I love New York; I wouldn’t take anything back, but you become a little aggressive [Laughs].
On her relationship with Rihanna
We became cool on Twitter [laughs], and she’s cool! She lives her life and does what the fuck she wants and I love that about her. It’s tough because all of a sudden your supposed to be perfect and a role model to everyone and not live your life and I think she does what she needs to do, she’s young and having fun. Growing up, I didn’t necessarily say ‘oh my god! Look at Madonna I want to be just like her’, I just loved her music. I feel like people put so much pressure on these celebrities and it’s like I think parents should be role models and if you don’t want your kids watching these things then don’t. Like my daughter is almost 19 and she will tell you that growing up she had parental control for the TV, because of HBO etc. In my eyes, Rihanna can do no wrong, I think she’s an amazing artist. She’s gorgeous, handles her business, and lives her life with no apologies.
On whether she is going to drop her last name
I don’t know. I’m going to keep Evelyn Lozada for now because it’s a brand that I’m building. It’s my own little thing I got going on. We are still on the fence of that though, so we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...